Interdisciplinary Studies Department

Length: 3 Years (Full Time)

Tuition: 6,000€/ Year (Funding Available)

Requirements: High School Degree or Equivalent

Start Date: 7 September, 2019

Format: Online & In Residence

Co-Ownership after Graduation




Dejan Lukić, PhD — Vice Chancellor


Érik Bordeleau, PhD (Université de Montréal) Director of the MA Program in Crypto-Economics, Assistant Professor of Philosophy

Creston Davis, PhD (University of Virginia) Chancellor, Associate Professor of philosophy and religion, Founding Director of GCAS.

Bracha L Ettinger, PhD, Distinguished Professor of Philosophy. 

Keith Faulkner, PhD (University of Warwick) Associate Professor of Philosophy

Francisco Gonzalez, PhD (Catholic University, Chile) Assistant Professor of Arts and Philosophy, Director of GCAS-South America

Dejan Lukic, PhD (Columbia University) Vice-Chancellor, Associate Professor of Anthropology

Luanne McKinnon, PhD (University of Virginia), Member of the Board, Professor of Art & Art History

Jean-Luc Nancy, PhD, Distinguished Professor of Philosophy

Julie Reshe, PhD Assistant Professor of Philosophy & Psychoanalysis, and Director of the GCAS Psychoanalysis Institute. 

Tere Vadén, PhD (University of Tampere) Professor of Philosophy

Daniel Benzali
, Golden Globe Award Nominee, Affiliate Professor of Drama

Alexandra Gabbard, PhD, Visiting Assistant Professor of English & Literature

Ekaterina Filippova, PhD Researcher, Lecturer in Psychology & Psychoanalysis

Thomas Hampton, PhD Researcher, Lecturer in Start-Up Studies

Preston Junger, Co-Founder, Mile Square Labs, Chair of the Start-Up Studies Department

Erica Kitzman, PhD Researcher, Lecturer of English & Literature

Tom Sauer, Co-Founder, Mile Square Labs, Lecturer in the Start-Up Studies Department

Tod Sloan, PhD, Professor of Critical Psychology

Christiana Uzoamaka Udeogu-Gozalan, Board Certified Physician, based in Munich, Germany, Lecturer in Psychology

Margaret Young, BA (Yale University) MA (UC-Davis), Lecturer of Poetry & Literature


Acquire ——> Apply ——> Create Knowledge & Practices

Link to the BA Program Overview

The future of education is about connecting subjects, ideas, innovations, and discoveries in often imperceivable ways. This is why our BA Program in Interdisciplinary Studies is built on seminars and courses that expose the student to multiple disciplines through collaborative teaching, projects, peer-groups, mentors and assignments designed to acquire, apply and create knowledge and practices.

Our goal is to provide the venue where theoretical and practical ideas for the 21st century can emerge and converge in order to address vexing issues of our time: from climate change, to economic inequality and prosperity, to new clean energy development.

78% of the BA program, the student will study with the wider community and in small peer groups guided by mentors and faculty. In the remaining 22% (40 credits) the student will either choose to: (a) specialize by focusing on a specific discipline (for example, Start-Up Studies, English Literature, Psychology, Philosophy, etc.); or, (b) take electives courses.

This chart below provides an overview of the required courses. These courses are co-taught by leading experts within the Humanities and the Social Sciences.

GCAS College Teaching Philosophy